Offer preferred delivery options named "Wunschzustellung" enabling your customers to select preferred day and preferred location for delivery. If the customer enters his home address and a preferred location or neighbor, the parcel can be delivered in his absence (Attention: This requires your store to support Shopify CarrierService API - this is supported only by specific Shopify plans!)
Some features require the Shopify CarrierService API, which is only available in higher Shopify plans or as a Shopify paid add-on.
Click on Apps, next on Post & DHL Shipping. Now you are on the Dashboard, click on DHL Paket.
To activate the preferred services, please click on Enable, to activate these, the rates at the checkout are required.
With preferred neighbour you give your customers the opportunity to select a specific neighbour who will accept the parcel.re Kunden diese nicht selbst entgegennehmen können.
With the Preferred location function, your customers can define a deposit location where the parcel service can deposit the items if your customers are unable to receive them themselves.
Packstation with this function your customers can select a Packstation to which the parcel is to delivered. 5.The Preferred Day allows your customers to receive their parcels on a specific day. To do this, however, you must define exact days and times when your parcels can be collected. (In our example, every weekday at 6:00 p.m.)
To ensure that you enter the Packstation correctly in the address field, please follow these points:
In the field
Street and house number: please enter the Packstation + number, for example Packstation 598, Packstation you must also enter if it is a Post Office branch, etc.
In the field
Additional address: please enter the post office number, for example 1234567890.
From the customer's point of view, it looks like this:
- If you activate this function, you can define the base price for your packages. (In our example 4,99€ in the writing 100 for 1€ so 499.)
- You can now also define a surcharge for the preferred day here. (In our example 1€ so 100.)
Do not forget to save all changed settings.
- If you have enabled these functions, the label creation will look like the example below. 2.Here you have the option of selecting the enabled preferred services
- If a customer has selected a Preferred Day, you will see this when creating the label.
- You also have the option of selecting a Packstation for delivery.